Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A return to gardening!


SNV30416
Originally uploaded by alecweinstein
Finally, my burden of work has been alleviated! i have returned to gardening. This diminutive radish sprouts have been popping with the mild weather lately, and my lettuce seedlings are so prolific in their growth, and will be transplanted next week. the cherry blossoms(sans kwanzan) are blooming, and the Bradford pear trees will be shortly. check out my page on Flickr to view my blooming neighborhood. (krigsman) Today, I have finally finished planting the radishes, and with warm weather expected in the near future, they should be sprouting within days. lettuce will be transplanted by Sunday.(home) i planted 3 varieties of Zinnia today, as well as other marigold seeds.(my life) the taming of the shrew is wonderful, thought biased and chauvinistic. By June, i will continue writing my prelude to the tempest. In order to build character development, i must read the republic, ethics, on war, kidnapped, and michel de montaigne's essays. I am also thinking of imbuing the story with Adam and Eve and other biblical allusions. In english class, we are reading the wonderful, wonderful POE! i can not wait to write short horror stories. here are 3 possibilities- the house by the sea, in which an old war veteran is taken under the hoodwink of night by the people he murdered and drowned in the sea, crimson leaves, in which a young girl is murdered walking home on a bleak November afternoon, and finally, the cabin in the Conneticut woods, in which a mother and young girl are raped and murdered. morbid, eh? well, i am a morose person at times, and jovian at others. i am beginning to comprehend Quantum Mechanics.

5 comments:

kathy said...

Last year my radish did terrible. No bulbs, just tops. I'll watch to see how your's do. I'm going to try different locations for mine this year. I love a nice crisp spring radish.

alec said...

how can they possibly have no bottoms? hopefully yours will be succesfull this year? do you have a screenname, or messenger account? mine is stormchaser94, because i believe it would be easier to discuss
gardening directly rather than indirectly on blogs.

kathy said...

I'm much prefer blogs...

Here's my old post about my radish problems. They seem to go to seed with no bulb.

I don't know how they can have no bottoms. It seems that is the point of a radish.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

More like a return to hell.