Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Prismatic daffodills


SNV30412
Originally uploaded by alecweinstein
I discovered these gorgeous, jocund daffodills in the Krigsmans backyard by luck. they are simply stunning. While cleaning up the damage from a severe thunderstorm this afternoon, there hues suddenly caught my eye. i was in shock, as i have been using this allotment for 2 years and have failed to notice these beforehand. click on my flickr widget to view more photos.(Krigsman) I will most likely finish sowing radishes tommorow. the aforementioned ones are showing no signs of germination.yet. ( home) Today i sowed the lettuce i purchased Sunday, Burpee" Black seeded simpson" and "royale mix". i transported the double impatiens mini-greenhouse downstairs where the heat mat is located. ( my life)
i have put off A Tale Of Two cities, and i am reading The Taming Of the shrew in its place. this afternoon i plan on beginning Act 2 in the prelude to the Tempest.

p.s. My Mocca Pink tuberous begonias should be arriving this week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am jealous of the time you have to spend on the garden. sigh. and no..i'm not giving you any money to buy seeds.

alec said...

time? i am flooded with work this weekend, 3 hours sunday morning will compensate for my negligent treatment of plants this week. radishes and lettuce going in!

kathy said...

Beautiful daffodils. I am looking forward to these up in Massachusetts. None yet. I especially like the bicolors.

I'm looking forward to planting my tomato seeds (indoors) today! Have fun with your sowing.

alec said...

thanks! i have frilly red blossoms on the maples as well, besides the fact they have been like that for weeks. today it ws 60! so beautiful outside!

Petunia's Gardener said...

At this house, I've focused on the vegetable garden. This photo is a good reminder that making plans for bulbs will pay off next spring. Enjoy our morning of gardening. Paula